Dreaming of Albuquerque
Have you ever felt your heart soar from an unexpected hot air balloon sighting? Multiply that feeling times 554 to understand why our hearts are in Albuquerque this weekend.
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, October 5-13, 2013, marks the 42nd year for this spirit-lifting event. This year there are 554 balloons registered, representing 18 countries, 35 U.S. States, 97 “Special Shapes”, 62 female pilots, and 5 gas balloon teams.
Until then, here are a few hot air balloon favorites on Findery:
• Balloon Fiesta memory from 1987
• Early morning balloon “crash” in the vineyards of Yountville
• Balloon flying over the moon in Sequim
• Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
• A natural high with the Rainbow Ryders in Phoenix
• Unexpected balloon sighting early in the morning
And this little fellow just popped up on Findery:
Have a great weekend!
Caterina & Heather & Maggie & Donald & Jed &
Jessica & Mike & John & Ian & Laurel & Amanda